Everybody wants to stay healthy & we can accomplish that by eating healthy, certain seeds are now being considered as super foods & one of the most talked about today is Flax seeds, also known as “Alsi”, which have amazing benefits and are recommended by all nutritionists. Flax seeds recipes for weight loss are available all over the web. Flax seed weight loss stories are viral on the internet. People generally ask how to eat flax seed raw or roasted. It’s always better to consume roasted flax seeds.
1. Help in losing weight: Flax seeds are loaded with required fats and fiber and consuming a handful of these seeds will make you feel full for longer. This reduces the temptation to binge eat and results in fewer calories consumed during the day. The ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) fats present in the flax seeds have also been found to reduce inflammation. It’s better to include flax seeds recipe in one of your meals. If taken in right quantity Flax seeds side effects are negligible.
2. Maintain heart health: Flax seeds are almost phenomenal as the fats contained in them are unsaturated fats which are wonderful for your health. Because these fats remain in the form of ALA fats, they help you in maintaining and improving heart health by reducing bad cholesterol and retaining the good cholesterol. Thus, the chances of getting a stroke or an attack are relatively low.
3. Flax seeds are High in Antioxidants (Lignans): Amongst its other incredible nutrition facts, flax seeds are also packed with antioxidants. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties, therefore consuming flax regularly may help reduce the number or severity of colds and flus.
4. Improve colon health: These seeds are packed with fiber and are very low in unsaturated fats. This makes them useful in improving digestive health. Also, the fibre content makes bowel movements smoother and reduces constipation and diarrhea.
5. Healthy, supple and glowing skin: Adding flax seeds to your daily diet is a great idea as they are packed with ALA fats and Vitamin B which help in reducing flakiness and dryness of skin. Consuming flax seeds regularly also helps in getting rid of the symptoms of acne and eczema and are proven to reduce dry eye syndrome and puffiness.